The Business Model
Rockland’s investment philosophy is value based and acquisitions are expected to yield competitive risk-adjusted returns. Primary acquisition targets are power generation and related assets with unique commercial, financial or physical characteristics that can benefit from an active management approach.
Investments are considered on a selective basis and include:
- Contracted independent power projects
- Renewable power, energy and biofuels projects
- Merchant generation
- Distressed assets
- Capital restructurings and MBOs
- Transmission projects
- District heating and cooling
- Industrial projects with power and/or steam applications or requirements
Rockland often works with established industry players and vendors who are looking for an operational partner for new, existing or refurbished projects.